Dates: 2-days (TBC)
Times: 9.00am–5:00pm (NZST)
Venue: Online (Via GotoMeeting)
The Energy Auditor course delivers the fundamentals around understanding and undertaking energy audits to the AS/NZS 3598:2014 Standard.
Covering all parts of the Standard (Part 1: Commercial Buildings, Part 2: Industrial and Related Activities and Part 3:Transport Related Activities) and each of the audit levels, this course provides an excellent grounding in energy efficiency and how to improve it.
AS/NZS 3598:2014 is the blueprint for efficiency, delivering cost and carbon emissions savings across the spectrum of business activities.
With increasing emphasis on emissions from industrial processes and transport, the market for efficiency improvements in these areas is set to grow.
The course also prepares attendees for adopting an integrated approach to energy efficiency, covering all of a business’s activities.
Who will benefit most from this training?
This course is suited to experienced and new energy professionals.
Graduates new to the industry, keen to develop careers in energy and carbon management will gain an excellent grounding in energy efficiency and how to drive it.
Experienced auditors who have previously focused on one area of efficiency, such as commercial buildings, will learn how to apply their existing skills to a wider market and develop these skills to be able to provide integrated solutions to clients across buildings, process and transport activities.
The content of the training includes coverage of:
- Commercial Buildings (AS/NZS 3598.1) general scope
- Industrial and related activities (AS/NZS 3598.2:2014) general scope
- Transport related activities (AS/NZS 3598.3:2014) general scope
- Types of Audits (general)
- Energy Audit Requirements
- Energy Auditor Requirements
- Organisations’ Engagement with the Audit
- Performing an Energy Audit
- Some examples
- The relationship between energy savings and carbon savings
- Where to from here?
Participants are required to have copies of each part of AS/NZS 3598:2014 as we will be walking through them.
NB: There is a cost to purchase the standards, unfortunately due to Standards New Zealand rules CEP is unable to share copies.
The parts are:
- Energy Audits – Part 1 : Commercial Buildings (People driven)
- Energy Audits – Part 2: Industrial and related activities (Process driven)
- Energy Audits – Part 3: Transport related activities (Vehicle driven)
NB: There are no experience prerequisites.
Energy Master Auditor Accreditation
This course sets up attendees to be able to undertake energy audits to AS/NZS 3598:2014 across buildings, industrial processes and transport.
Submission of audits prepared to this standard are a requirement for assessment as a CEP Energy Master Auditor.
NB: Energy Master Auditor Fees apply and are not included in this training.
When should you register?
To confirm delivery of this training course we require a minimum of 6 registered attendees. Please complete your online registration as soon as possible so we can secure the training delivery date.
If you require a letter of support to assist with funding approval, please contact the CEP Office.
Dates & Location
Dates: 2-days (TBC)
- CEP invests heavily in the development and updating of training materials and the intellectual property of materials is owned by CEP (unless otherwise referenced).
- In the interests of encouraging open participation in discussions and as courses are regularly updated, training sessions are not recorded.
- Training Fees are stated in NZD and priced per person, excluding GST.
- An additional 5% discount applies for multiple bookings from the same business for this workshop.
- NB: A surcharge of 3.4% will apply if payment is made by credit card (Visa or Mastercard only).
- Cancellations must be received by CEP Office ([email protected]) by 5pm, more than 10 working days prior to the training. A refund less a $50 admin fee will be returned.
- Cancellations within 10 working days will incur a 50% course attendance fee.
- Non-attendance without prior notification will incur a 100% course attendance fee.
- CEP reserves the right to reschedule or cancel this event.
- "The course followed the standards well, but also added practical tips and tricks from years of experience. Ivan presented the content well, and was always happy to answer questions and provide additional info of interest to the attendees. "
- "The course really helped me holistically understand where energy is typically used the most in different businesses. General information was good and it was great that Ivan was able to provide some real examples of the energy audits. "