Recognising best practice with respect to energy performance
The Energy Master Pumping Specialist Accreditation recognises individuals who have demonstrated best practice design and operation of commercial and industrial pumping systems with respect to energy performance.
Membership of CEP or Engineering New Zealand (formerly known as IPENZ) is not mandatory for Accreditation.
The minimum requirements for Energy Master Pumping Specialist Accreditation include demonstrating to the Assessor that you have general competence in comprehending technical concepts and applying systematic scientific methods to problem solving related to pumping system design and operation.
Membership of an Engineering NZ Technical Group or registration on a relevant current competence register is helpful in demonstrating general competence. Current work experience in the industrial sector with an emphasis on pumping systems is most important.
The Pumping Assessor will want to see evidence of your:
- Sufficient qualifications in fluid dynamics
- Relevant broad work experience
- Pump design and operational experience
- A Type 3 report (audit, or equivalently technical documentation) applicable to an existing Pumping system improvement programme. Your report should include detailed explanations and calculations to provide evidence of your decision making.
If you are unable to submit a Type 3 Pumping Systems Audit report, you may submit a Type 2 Energy Audit as defined in AS/NZS 3598.2:2014 for assessment to obtain provisional accreditation until you have carried out a Type 3 Pumping Systems Audit. All forms and related evidence should be submitted to CEP for processing.
- This accreditation is based on the Pumping Systems Audit Standard
Application forms and documentation
- Energy Master General Guidance for Applicants (PDF) – This general guidance document includes all you need to know in the process of becoming an Accredited Energy Master professional. It shows the general procedures, suggests useful tips and outlines fees and timeframes.
- For information specific to the Pumping Specialist Application contact the CEP office.
NB: All accreditations are valid for 5 years before Reaccreditation is required.