Defence Shared Services is comprised of five Groups that provide core shared services support to the wider NZDF organisation. The five Groups are:
- Commercial Support: Delivers sourcing strategy, procurement, contract development and management, relationship management and codification services to NZDF for non-operational shared services.
- Customer Support: Contributes a wide spectrum of customer based functionality to NZDF.
- Business Development: Ensure appropriate alignment with the strategic and operational intent of the NZDF.
- Business Processing: Is responsible for central delivery of high volume transaction processing and support services, primarily with an accounting and finance focus.
- Property: Provides property and facilities management and development services to ensure that the NZDF’s estate is managed in an effective and efficient manner and maintained in a functional state in support of operations.