CEP New Zealand is a not-for-profit organisation registered under the Incorporated Societies Act 1908, registration number 1120936. Its registered office is Level 4, Hope Gibbons Building, 7-11 Dixon Street, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand.
This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies only to the www.cep.org.nz web site (or the “web site”) which is provided by CEP New Zealand (also referred to below as “we”, “us”, “our” or “CEP” and the various separate web sites as per each location where CEP is present it redirects.
We do not require registration for access to www.cep.org.nz, but if you participate in any of the activities or services offered by www.cep.org.nz we will collect the personal information that we need in order to provide you with those services. Failure to provide the information that we require in order to complete the registration may prevent or delay the provision of any services to you.
The categories of information that we collect from you are:
- Contact details, such as your name, job title, email address, physical address, employer’s name, and telephone number.
- Authentication and identification information, such as your user name, password, email address.
- Information relating to the services we provide such as details of your requests, queries or complaints
When you visit this web site, we may collect technical information such as your IP (Internet Protocol) address, details of the pages you visit on www.cep.org.nz other pages you visit on the Internet and which browser you used to view www.cep.org.nz.
This web site collects standard internet log and technical data to measure and improve the effectiveness of this web site, to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer this web site, to see where web site traffic is coming from and to identify our users. We may also collect other information via www.cep.org.nz such as web site usage activity and preferences, also known as demographic or profile data. In this connection we may use “cookies” to collect this information.
We collect personal information from you in the following circumstances:
- when you subscribe to any of our insights
- when you subscribe to any of our blogs
- when you register to attend an event
- when you enter a discussion forum
- when you contact us to request further information.
- When you download a white paper or report.
We collect the minimum amount of information to enable us to deal with your request or to provide a service to you. We will indicate where the provision of information is voluntary or compulsory. We would normally only request additional information to enable us to provide the most appropriate response to your request.
Use of Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- identify you and create a profile for you when you register with us to use our services or to request information from us
- verify your identity when you access our services/contact us
- communicate with you with respect to the services and information that we provide
- provide, improve and personalise our services by analysing information about your use of the website to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive
- deal with your enquiries and requests
- comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies
- contact you with marketing and offers relating to products and services offered by us (unless you have opted out of marketing, or we are otherwise prevented by law from doing so)
- personalise the marketing messages that we send to you to make them more relevant and interesting by analysing details of the services and information that you are receiving, and your transaction history, to make suggestions for other information that may be of interest
- exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect violations of law
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- To comply with our legal obligations, for example to enable us to meet our fraud prevention and money-laundering obligations.
- To meet our legitimate interests, for example to understand how you use our services and our website and to help us to derive knowledge that helps us to develop new services. When we process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information about the balancing test that we carry out to process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, please contact us at the details below.
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to: request access to the personal information that we may process on www.cep.org.nz update or correct your details, restrict our use of your personal information, object to our use of your personal information, to receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party, or request that your personal details are deleted from our systems.
You may exercise these rights by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will treat all such requests in accordance with applicable local law.
If you would like to opt not to receive promotional or marketing e-mail from us in the future, you may let us know by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com stating the e-mail address you wish to be removed from our mailing list. However, your option not to receive promotional and marketing e-mail shall not preclude us from corresponding with you, by e-mail or otherwise, regarding your existing relationship with us.
We don’t share your personal information with any third-party organisation.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to: maintain our business records for analysis and/or audit purposes; comply with record retention requirements under the law; defend or bring any legal claims; and deal with any complaints.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We require all employees and principals to keep personal information confidential and only authorised personnel have access to this information.
Online security policy
CEP’s online payment facility is provided by eWay payment gateway system (eWay), using their Payment Express software. E-Way supports major credit cards including Visa and MasterCard as well as all banks in New Zealand and Australia (ANZ, ASB, BNZ, TSB, Kiwi bank, National Bank, Westpac).
Security of the payment facility is enabled via the 3 Data Encryption Standard (3DES) encryption protocol. 3DES is a widely-used method of data encryption.
Although we are confident your Credit card and anonymity are protected, CEP makes no warranty or take responsibility for events arising from unauthorised access of the information you provide.
To check the security of your connection, look at the lower right-hand corner of your browser window after accessing the server. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your browser), then SSL is active and your transaction is being conducted in secure mode. You can also double-check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from “http” to “https.”
Updating this Privacy Statement
We may modify or update this Privacy Statement from time to time. You will be able to see when we last updated the Privacy Statement because we will include a revision date. Changes and additions to this Privacy Statement are effective from the date on which they are posted.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement you can contact us via email at www.cep.org.nz or using the contact us link.
Issued by Carbon and Energy Professional New Zealand December 2019