This course is for anyone who wants to learn or upskill their technical capacity in Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory development. The workshop will give you the tools and know-how in developing and improving the process of preparing sound GHG inventories.
It will give you an overview of ISO 14064-1:2018, an international standard that specifies principles and requirements at the organisation level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and removals. Similarities and differences between the ISO 14064 and the Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
You will learn about what the updated ISO 14064 standard covers and guide you through the changes:
- Boundary setting and consolidation approaches
- Inventory development and structure
- Emission Sources and classification under the updated ISO 14064 standard
- Audit requirements for verification of your inventory
- Common pitfalls, errors and how you navigate your team to get the data you need to make informed decisions and take action on “SDG 13 – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts”.
Preparing a Carbon Inventory Training -August 2022 flyer pdf
Who will benefit most from this training?
This training course is aimed at carbon and sustainability professionals, who want to gain skills in developing organisational GHG inventories.
When should you register?
To confirm delivery of this training course we require a minimum of 6 registered attendees. Please complete your online registration as soon as possible so we can secure the training delivery date.
If you require a letter of support to assist with funding approval, please contact the CEP Office.
Trainer: Stewart McKenzie (Toitū Envirocare)
Dates & Location
Dates: 3 & 4 August 2022 (2 half days)
Times: 9.30am-2.30pm each day (with breaks)
- CEP invests heavily in the development and updating of training materials and the intellectual property of materials is owned by CEP (unless otherwise referenced).
- In the interests of encouraging open participation in discussions and as courses are regularly updated, training sessions are not recorded.
- Training Fees are stated in NZD and priced per person, excluding GST.
- A surcharge of 3.4% will apply if payment is made by credit card (Visa or Mastercard only).
- NB: CEP is a not-for-profit organisation, and we keep training fees to a minimum. Unfortunately, we are not in a position to offer funding towards training fees.
- Cancellations must be received by CEP Office (email link) by 5pm, more than 10 working days prior to the training. A refund less a $50 admin fee will be returned.
- Cancellations within 10 working days will incur a 50% course attendance fee.
- Non-attendance without prior notification will incur a 100% course attendance fee.
- CEP reserves the right to reschedule or cancel this event.