Website McHugh & Shaw Limited
McHugh & Shaw is a boutique independent assurance provider based in Aotearoa New Zealand. We provide greenhouse gas and carbon assurance (organisations, products, and events), environmental management audits, environmental assessments, ESG assessments, compliance assessments, technical and independent review services. This role would suit recent graduates, people needing flexibility or school hours, or those seeking a career change. This is a part-time role (up to 20 hours per week) for a fixed-term of 12 months. Ideally, the position will migrate to a permanent auditor role.
The role will involve the following:
- Assisting with planning, executing and reporting carbon and environmental audits.
- Developing knowledge and skills to conduct audits for a range of low-risk clients.
- Conducting site visits to client premises to confirm site activities and site data.
- Maintaining a strict sense of professional ethics, maintaining confidentiality and privacy.
- This role has a flexible location within Aotearoa New Zealand (main centres preferred).
- The role is based at a home office with client visits as required.
- A current New Zealand driver’s license or other suitable and reliable transport is required.
- Flexibility is available, but client interaction is during weekdays (business hours).
Areas of responsibility:
- Complete remote assurance work of carbon footprints for our certification partner(s).
- Assist in completing assurance work under the supervision of a Lead Auditor.
- Plan and organise the workload to meet the McHugh & Shaw client delivery timeframes.
- Respond to queries from independent reviewers on assurance work completed.
- Attend internal and external training courses as required.
- Participate and contribute to health, safety and sustainability continuous improvement.
Further details are available in the Job Description (email [email protected] for a copy). Strong MS Excel skills and a curious mind are essential to success in this role.
You must have the right to live and work in Aotearoa New Zealand. Background and various pre-employment checks are part of our recruitment process.
We support diversity and welcome applications from neurodiverse individuals. If you require accommodations during the application process, please get in touch ([email protected]) with us with your preferred approach. Our application process involves the initial screening of CVs and cover letters. Short-listed applicants will be invited to a short video call with our Managing Director. We will conduct a second full interview (small panel) for selected candidates.
To apply for this role, send your CV and a short cover letter to [email protected]. Applications close Thursday, 2 February 2023, at 5 pm.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.